Speaking in Tech #107 - Clouds of Caroline
Hosted by Greg Knieriemen, Ed Saipetch and Sarah Vela. This week, Ed is pubbing his way around England while Greg and Sarah keep calm on the podcast with special guest, Caroline McCrory, Sr Director, Product Development at Gigaom Research.
This week we discuss...
- Changes for Caroline (1:30)
- Quality of of market research (5:40)
- US court rules that off shore public cloud data subject to search (11:30)
- Data control is why Private Clouds exist (15:53)
- Changes at Google risk brand loyalty (20:10)
- The era of stand alone apps (28:16)
- Engineer vs user experience design (32:45)
- A bubble waiting to burst: Bezos loses $2.8B in one day (36:05)
- Amazon Desktop-as-a-Science-Project (38:12)
- OpenStack Summit around the corner (47:00)