Speaking in Tech #58 - Cloud Bubble
Hosted by Greg Knieriemen, Ed Saipetch and Sarah Vela. This week Eddie hosts the show solo at DrupalCon in Portland, Oregon with special guests Joaquin Lippincott, President of Metal Toad Media and Holly Ross, Executive Director of the Drupal Association.
This week, Eddie discusses...
- Drupal and the Drupal Association
- Who is using Drupal? Whitehouse.gov, Emmys, Grammys
- What matters in a CMS? modular, extensibility, arbitrarily create APIs, intersection with Bigdata
- Drupal adoption (tech guys vs marketing and CMOs)
- Blogging is the gateway drug to Content Management
- SaaS vs Hosted Instances
- Blogs and CMS systems, where all content goes to die
- Business Units asking for Glitter Dusted Unicorns
- Drupal and Opensource Governance
- Commercial involvement, monetization models for contributors
- Content Management System disrupting commercial markets
Direct download: SiT59.mp3
-- posted at: 10:41pm EDT