Speaking in Tech #73 - Live from VMworld
Hosted by Greg Knieriemen, Ed Saipetch and Sarah Vela. This week, the whole gang is together in San Francisco at VMworld with special guest, Michael Hay - Vice President and Chief Engineer at Hitachi Data Systems.
This week we discuss:
- Recap of Pat Gelsinger's keynote from VMworld
- How does VMware continue to innovate?
- Hardware vs Software
- VMware as orchestration software
- Leveraging application catelogs
- The challenge of flash technology
- The IT move to services
- Gelsinger vs Andreessen... and the role of cloud
- The AWS exageration
- Balmer's exit and the potential for a Microsoft breakup